Friday, January 14, 2011

Hey how's work?

After the first two days working in QV, the boss loved me and the music in my ipod and wants me for long term :p However, I still think the pay is shit for going all the way there and do the variety of things I have to do everyday. 


The list includes: washing huge stacks of big oily containers and buckets, cutting huge bag of bread and packing them into twos, sweep the floor, wipe everything the customer can see, prepare serviettes and spoons into bags, fold lunch boxes, prepare all the lunch sandwiches, 


and while I'm doing all this I have to spontaneously serve customers, take orders, handle cash, take charge of toaster and soup area.

She said she would only have me off trail when I can handle everything alone; which means open/close the shop by myself (probably after 1~2months) =__=;;

But that's not the dodgiest part, it's when she said "I also want to pay students 12, 13/hr cash-in-hand, cos I know you need money, but I also need you to be able to replace me without supervision..." and I was like thinking to myself "wow...that's....cheap..." I mean I'm bloody 22, trail or no trail I should be getting 15/hr or above with tax right?



I wonder why is it always so dodgy when it comes to working for Chinese, no matter what kind of shop it is?

1 comment:

John Loh said...

Chinese people just suck that way, LOL!