Friday, May 7, 2010

Owl season: What's small and annoying?

About a week ago, our Marshall kitchen was invaded by an infinite army of fruit flies. These little buggers multiplied themselves quickly in an undiscovered breeding ground which I scratched my head and couldn't figure out where.

         At their reproduction rate, I'm sure they 'do it' on the first date!


Jon's insect zapper was proved to be useful at first, but after a few massacres, they actually learnt how to dodge! And most of them hid away when the zapper was around, and about an hour later, I'd find even more of them sticking around...

It got worse each day, not even the new covered dustbin that Peter (my landlord) bought could keep them away. At a desperate moment like this, it was time for us to turn to the almighty Google for help! By that, we set up traps and got rid of the source, and no more fruit flies!

Here's one of those end-of-issue discussions in the form of SMS dialogue between me and Sim (my house mate):

S: Omg i pity the fruit flies..... O.o in order not to waste their existence, why not use them to make something useful like turning them into a fruit pie.


R: Good idea, just make sure you're the only consumer of the 'fruit' pie before you commence baking.


S: No i have a better idea. Just put the pie on the dining table . Our house rat will take care of it. (she's referring to our landlord, it's an in-house joke)


R: That scenario is perfectly logical.


S: Wow. I am amazed by my intelligent scheming. I should forward this conversation to jon. Rofl


End.

No comments: